1.What data structes you will use if you want to go to first record from
the last and vice versa?
ans.: doubly linked circular list
2. given a height balanced tree. If we add one more node , how
many nodes gets unbalanced ? Ans. 3
3. Given a arbitrary pointer to an element in a singly linked list?
4. S->S+S; s->s*s; s->a how many parse trees possible : a+a*a+a Ans. 5
5. order of Hashing time
6) A choclate of size nXn is given and is to be made into pices of size 1x1. At a time both horizontal and a vertical cut is done. Find the order of complexity
Ans : a
7) comparison between hashtable and binary tree
8) No. of nodes of degree 2 in a binary tree with n leaf nodes.
9. To sorting array of 10 elements which sorting is best
10 To saving space point of view which sort is best
c)both a & b
11Which statement is wrong on heap
a)Any two childs should not same
12) cyclometric complexity..
13) how many null pointer are there in N number binary tree
14) Two sorted list of size n what are the maximum comparison in merge
15) two sorted lists of n elements will take at least
fine the order of complexity?
16)if there are n nodes in a binary tree, how many null pointers are
17). if heap sort contains n elements, no of comparsions required are
b. height of heap sort
18) which of the following is efficient in terms of space
a. insertion sort
b. quick sort
d. both a and c
19) in sorted table contains elements , which of the searching is
a. hash table
b. binary searching
20) in associated memory for fast accessing
which one is used
a. single linked list
b. double "
c. hash table
21) for hashing which is best on terms of buckets
a)100 b)50 c)21 d)32 ans 32
22) max and avg. height of sorted binary tree
a. logn n
b n logn
23) implementation of priority queue
b linked list
c doubly linked list
24) For a binary tree with n nodes, How many nodes are there which
has got both a parent and a child?
25) Bubble sort : Given sequence of numbers what will be order of sequences
after two iterations.
Ans: very trivial, but you should know what bubble sort
26)Bubble sort : how many swap operations has been done in the above
27)What data structures you should use for dictionary searching and it
should be capable of doing spell check also ?
28)Which is the best scheduling algo. (given five of them)
Ans.: Shortest Job First with Pre-emption
29) Bubble sort is given ., No of times it executes
ans . n(n-1)/2
30) The appriximate ratio for no of internal nodes to total no
31) precedence order from high to low ( ( ) ++ / )
32) preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G (*+ABC/-DG)
33) B-tree (failure nodes at same level)
of nodes in k-ary tree of depth n.
34) merge sort time complexity ( O(n log n) )
35) while following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior (heap
36)in binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending
order values (inorder )
find the order of complexity of the programme.
possible answer ---- N(2^n)
38). average and worst time complexity in a sorted binary tree is
39) a tree is given and ask to find its meaning (parse-tree)
ans. ((a+b)-(c*d)) ( not confirmed)
40) Compute the complexity of Binary search.
Ans : O(lg n) ( Answer in detail. This is not a multiple choice question.
It carries more marks.)
41) A search procedure which assosiates an address with a key value and
provides a mechanism for dealing with two or more values assigned to the
same address to the same address is called.
a) linear earch
b) binary search
* c) hash coded search
d) radix search
42)which data struture is needed to convert infix notations to postfix
a. linear list
d. stack ans:d
43) recursive procedures are implemented by
44) A linear list of elments in which deletion can be done from one end (front)and
insertion can take place only at the other end(rear)is known as
45) A linear list in which elements can be added or removed at either
end but not in the middle is known as
46)which of the following sorting procedure is slowest
47) The complexity of bublle sort is0(a),then kequals
48) given a height balanced tree. If we add one more node , how
many nodes gets unbalanced ? Ans. 3
49) Given a arbitrary pointer to an element in a singly linked list?
what is the time complexity for its deletion . Ans. O(n)
50) S->S+S; s->s*s; s->a
how many parse trees possible : a+a*a+a Ans. 5
51) order of Hashing time
52) A choclate of size nXn is given and is to be made into pices of size 1x1. At a time both horizontal and a vertical cut is done. Find the order of complexity
Ans : a
53) comparison between hashtable and binary tree