1. Algorithm to partition set of numbers into two s.t. diff bw their
sum is min and they hav equal num of elements
2. Prog: given Numerator & Denominator.... print 0.3333333333 as .(3)
0.123123 as .(123)
3. There are $1070 dollars how to split them into bags such that asked
for any denomination from $1 to $1070 , u must b able to give without
4. Which is DS used for chess program...to predict move each and every
5. Which is the DS used in dictionary mode in mobile (t9)
6. Write 1,3,6,4 using +,-,*,/ to get 24 (no repeat of numbers)
7. In 1000 wine bottles stack 10 are poisoned given 10 rats what is
the minimum number of tries to find the poisoned one. Rat dies once it
licks the poisoned wine.
8. 2n+1 numbers in a list except for 1 num all had duplicates, how to
find duplicate in O(n)
9. In a village in each family they give birth to children till they
get a boy. IF girl child they try again. What is the ratio of boys to
1) There is a nxn grid of 1's and 0's. Find the i , where i is the row
containing all 1's and all 0's(except the intersection point). Shud do
it in less than 25 comparisions...
2) Use 2 stacks to implement a queue. Followed up with making the
access to the DS concurrent.
3) C++ question was good, implement a c++ class such that it allows us
to add data members at runtime.
4)Implement a transaction manager in a database server. The discussion
involved a lot of stuff about transaction logs.
5) How do you tune an application. Creating indexes.
6) Some SQL performance tuning questions on creating indexes.
7) can you write a.foo() in c? If so how can u do it?
8) vector imlementation questions.
9) Almost everyone asked about my language.(except ppl who attended my talk).
1. First fit issues...
YAHOO PAPER ON 23rd JULY AT ANNA UNIVERSITY
Selection Procedure was
* Written test.
* technical interview 1
* technical interview 2
* HR interview
The main things u want to be sure to get into yahoo are:
Unix commands - they ask basic commands in unix..
aftter that they give importance to C , C++
If u know perl then its an added advantage..
be sure with hashing too..
some algo questions which was fired at me where
* how to count the no of bits set in an no.. he asked me give a soln in O(1).
* how to delete the node in the linked list give the pointer to that node?
* given two integers a, b how to divde a/b without using /,% operator... (repeted subtraction is not the solution).
in tthe programming round
asked me to implement the dictionary datastucture with features
1) What is the basic difference you find between a shell script and perl?
2)what is mutation testing?
Have a Question? Ask Professional Experts!
Powered by Kasamba
If you are starting to looking for a job, get an interview arranged with yahoo it will give you some real good preparation so that you can crack other interviews easily. One of my friend attended it few days back, here are the questions asked
Design classes for the following problem A Customer Can have multiple bank accounts A Bank account can be owned by multiple customers When customer logs in he sees list of account, opn clicking on an account he sees list of transactions
1. How to call a C++ function which is compiled with C++ compiler in C code?
2. When you deliver your C++ headers and C++ library of a class (what all can you change in the class so that application using your class does not need to recompile the code)
3. How do you initialize a static member of a class with return value of some function?
4. How can one application use same api provided by different vendors at the same time ?
5. If you are given the name of the function at run time how will you invoke the function?
1. When will you use shell script/perl ahead of C/C++ ?
2. How does yahoo handles billions of requests, does it create a thread per request or a process ?
3. How does HTTP works?
4. How to count number of unique music titles downloaded from a log file which contains an entry of all music title downloaded?
5. What is the difference between COM and CORBA?
6. What is webservice ?
1.What is the output of the following code?
2.There is a 200 miles long tunnel. one train enters the tunnel at a speed of 200mph while the other trains enter the tunnel in the opposite direction at a speed of 1000 mph. A bee travels at a speed of 1500 mph enters the tunnel goes to and back until it reaches the train. What is the distance covered by the bee when the two train collides (the bee survives)
3.List the two advantages of views.
4.Which layer is encryption and decryption done
5.What are the various modes used to send data over the network
6.Write a query to display the name of the students whose total marks is divisible by 25(total marks may be 175,200,150 ….)
P-wait, V-signal, S1 and S2 are semaphores. Consider two threads running. Is there a deadlock .If yes in which situation does the deadlock occur.
8.How do you find the port number of the remote host?
9. (Date; who)>logfile
What is the difference between the two statements.
10.How do you find the machine MAC address
11.Write the set operators that are used for select.
12.Write a single command to find and delete all the files that are older than 1 day(modification time)
13.A is a 3*4 matrix and B is 4*5 matrix. What is the number of additions and multiplications performed to obtain the resultant matrix
14.What is the output
kill –0 pid
echo “hello world”
17.List different schema/database objects
18.Randomization is good for which algorithm(quick sort, heap sort, selection sort, hashed table, ….)
19.Descride the language in the following regular expression (a*a) b+b
20.In an I-node what is not there (file type, file name, size, owner)
21.If the probability of work done by three persons are 1/3, 2/5, 5/12. Then what is the probability that the work is completed.
22.Given Id, author, creation time, size, links, web page, description
Bring it in 2nd normal form
23.Consider a heap containing numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 80, 60, 70 such that numbers are in ascending order from the leaf to the root. If 25 is to be inserted what is the position.(A, A, A, A)
25.Krishna tosses a one-rupee coin and a rupee coin. He announces that one is head. But the result is not announced. What is the probability that the other coin is head?
26.In database sort the student id and the course id for each student. Which is the best possible solution.
-Sort the student id using a stable algorithm and then sort the course id using unstable algorithm
-Sort the student id using a unstable algorithm and then sort the course id using stable algorithm
- Sort the course id using a stable algorithm and then sort the student id using unstable algorithm
- Sort the course id using a unstable algorithm and then sort the student id using unstable algorithm
The test predominantly consists of algo questions and a lot of questions on trees.
The subjective paper can be very tiring esp when u are not habituated to write exams for 4 years straight.
Also, there are many kinds of papers, everyone does not get the same paper.
Some questions are:
- linked list using recursion.
- 2 ints A and B are given, find the no of bits that need to be flipped in A to get B. ( xor a and b and count the number of bits)
- Write a Rotate function for rotating elements in an array, using a reverse function.
- Given 2 sorted arrays A and B with duplicate elements, get C= A -B and does not have duplicates(use a variation of merging 2 arrays and then remove the duplicates.)
- Subtraction of 2 base 13 numbers.
- Min and max nodes of a quad tree.
- Prove that in a tree no of internal nodes is one less than leaves.
- A couple of boolean logic proofs
- Code to see if a binary tree is a BST or not.
- Switch case program out put
Most of it had algo’s( no code)
- Given an array with some repeating numbers. Like 12,6,5,12,6
12 shud come before 6 since it is earlier in list. So cant use a dictionary. Implement a dict manually with a lil overhead.
- finding nth element from end in a list
- inserting an element into a sorted linked list.
These are the ques i remember. All the best for others.
Also, the quant and anal are quite easy.
In the anal part many questions were based on the rule that square root of 25 is +5/-5. Not just 5. Similarly for 1.
Geometry the questions were a lil bit tricky, but they are few that u can ignore them.
ADOBE PAPER ON 25th FEBRUARY 2007 AT NOIDA
1. What is the difference between Char a[ ]=”string” and char *a=”String”
2. What is wrong with the code? The code was for conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit
In code this line was wrong as we want 5/9 and that to be multiplied with bracket result. But here 9 will be first multiplied with bracket result.
3. What are Data breakpoints? Give two scenarios where we make the use of this
4. What do you mean by Bit fields? Give example
5. Write the function for changing a number from hexadecimal to integer htoi(s
6. Compare two binary trees they are same or not.
7. You have N computers and [Ca, Cb] means a is connected to b and this connectivity is symmetric and transitive. then write a program which checks that all computers are interconnected and talk two each other
8. WAP to find Depth of tree program. We were given the structure of the node using that we need to write the code.
9. In binary search we have two comparisons one for greater than and other for less than the mid value. Optimize so that we need to check only once
10. Question was some what like we need to write the function so that we get the two dimensional array and memory is assigned to it using malloc function. Don’t remember the question exactly. But this was the only question in proper language
I remember only 5 questions in this. A s this was taken first
1. Binary search Tree was given. Find 4ths smallest element.
2. Some code in assembly was given and given five options. What is being calculated?
Ans (XY) 2 + Y + Z
3. Represent (-5)10 in 2’s complement representation in 8 bits
4. Expression was given. Draw tree and then find the postfix
Some commands in the assembly language were given. Then need to convert this code in assembly
For (i=0 ; i<=10 ; i++)
NOTE: NO Automata questions were asked. Good News!!!!
The engineering paper was totally based on the Data Structure, simple assembly programs implementation and some simple algorithms related to data structures.
So read Arrays, Linked list, postfix prefixes inorder post order etc.
ADOBE PAPER ON 29th DECEMBER 2006 AT BANGALORE
A. analytical: 15 questions 15min (reasoning mcqs)
B. quantitative: 30min 30 questions (maths and generic mcqs)
C. Computers: data structires (linklist and graph.. a question on quad-a tree with max 4 nodes), algorithms (writing a few), compilers (make a dfa of a given expression), output evaluation
D. C/Java: 5 questions of C paper
1. count the bits required to be altered while swaping values a and b
2. rotate an array using reverse
eg .. arraA[1 2 3 4 5]
u have rev(arrA, 2, 3) -> arrA[1, 2, 4, 3, 5] using this .. rotate arrA
for this kind of a solution
rotate(arrA, 2) -> arrA[3 4 5 1 2]
3. reverse a linklist using recursion
4. check for divisibility by 3 without using /,*,% when you have itoa() available
Adobe Sample Test Paper 3 rd September at Mumbai
1) Wap to reverse a linked list and sort the same.
2) Given two integers A & B. Determine how many bits required to convert
A to B. Write a function int BitSwapReqd(int A, int B);
3) Write an algorithm to insert a node into sorted linked list. After inserting,
the list must be sorted.
5) Wap to swap two integer pointers.
6) Write a funcn int round (float x) to round off a floating point num to int.
7) write an ALP to find sum of First n natural numbers using the following Instructions
LDA num ; load Accumulator with num
DCR R ; decrement Register R
INR R ; increment Register R
MOV x,y ; move the contents of register y into register x
JZ label ; jump to label if A=0
DJNZ label; Decrement & Jump if A <> 0
you can use B & C registers in addition to A register
8) Prove that a tree is BST. What is height of a tree?
9) Given A, B & C Boolean polynomials. Prove That (A+BC) = (A+B) (A+C)
Adobe Interview Questions
Q) Write a recursive program that prints: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5... (upto n terms where n is the input).
Q) write a program for breadth first search of a graph.
Q).Invert all odd bits of a number
Q)Invert 20th bit of a number
Q)Write strindex(char *c,char*t) whihc finds the rightmost index of t in c
Q)Write some preprocessors in C
Q)What does sizeof returns
Q)Write prototype of printf function
Q)Write a function prototype which returns a char * and takes a function pointer which returns void* and takes int and char * as input
Q)Write a program to reverse the string in C.
Q) What is #ifndef used for.
Q) what's the difference b/w:
const int * p; and int * const p;
Q) Write an algo whihc calculates X pow m in O(log n) time
1st LEVEL WRITTEN TEST FOR QA:
1. 15 min Logical Ability test: Simple syllogism based questions, sequence related questions, etc
2. 30 min Quantitative Aptitude test: Simple Arithmetic, angles, geometry, profit/loss, number system
There will be 15 questions for match the column
Mark A if column A is GREATER than column B
Mark B if column A is LESS than column B
Mark C if column A is = column B
Mark D if DATA IS INSUFFICIENT
There are very simple typical baron based
There would be 3 questions on triangles all three were from RS Aggarwal.
17. there was one set of questions on the DI question on 20 -25 were on this graph
It was about the total mass of human body is 70,000 gms
There were two pie charts
Which tell the percentage of water in the food.
And the second one tells the which parts ,,something like that
1. what percentage of total mass does liver has
What is the ratio of bones to total mass
All the questions are simple ..
3. 45 min Testing concept test: 20 objective multiple choice qustions like binary form of numbers, virtual memory, lossy compression, while loop, if-then-else, error codes.
1. Winzip is a
a. lossy compression
b. lossless Compression
2. output of 11000100 minus 2
3. Memory leakage is because of
a.variable not decraled
b. variable not free.. like this 4 options were given
4. Virtual memory concept is related to
a. memory leagkage
5.Regretion testing is defined as
a. testing the whole application
b.testing the different modules in the application
6. If the time is very limited for the testing then what would u test in the application.
a. run all the tests
b.look for the most used featues in the application
c.go to the test plan and run the test based on the priority
I would suggest to go thru all the definition like what is regretion testing .what is unit smoke.etc.
1 Test Case Writing questions: 10 test cases for entering 3 values representing sides of a triangle and the program giving output as scalene, isosceles or eqilauteral (10 Marks)
1 Output of a calculator and finding the error in the output, write the defect log for the bug (5 Marks)
1 Ques on weather Dev should do the testing or not. Give 3 reason on favour and 2 against it. (5 Marks)
1 Question diff between priority of a bug and severity of a bug. Give example of one case where priority is high but severity is low and one case where severity is high bur priority is low.
1 Question on a program that calculates P=R/I where R, I are integer inputs and P a floating point output. Write 10 test cases for this - 5 Marks.
2nd LEVEL INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR QA:
1. Software test: One hour Software test. U will be placed on a system with an application opened that is containing bugs in it. A reference doc will be provided where u will find the description of six modules of the application. U have to find maximum number of bugs in those six modules given in the reference doc in one hour. Each module contains at least one bug. U will have to keep writing the bug in a paper provided to u as u keep finding it with the time when u found it.
2. 5 rounds of Interviews each of approximately 1 hour.
1st will be by a Senior Team member level guy, focusing on everything from simple codes to find errors in them, writing simple algos, giving very simple puzzles, test cases for a marker, ur projects, about urself, etc. The guy will keep giving hints and help u to solve the problem.
2nd will be by a Manager level guy, based on ur technical skills, puzzles to be solved on the whiteboard in front of him, algo to reverse a string using array, questions on ur projects, test cases of a duster, the projects u have mentioned in ur CV. More of a question-answer based approach, not very interactive.
3rd will be by a senior HR on why Adobe, what keeps u going, where r u placed in ur organization, all HR questions and about ur projects and Organizational levels.
4th will be by a Senior Team member level guy, focusing only on puzzles, lots of puzzles and scenario based test cases, like how to test an imaging application that removes the red eye affect from an image, test cases of an VOIP phone. The guy will keep giving hints and help u to solve the problem.
5th will be by a Senior Team member level guy, focusing on problem solving approach, scenario based error investigation, like an attachment is not opening in outlook on a particular system, what all can be the reasons. The guy will sort of discuss with u the problem and will try to find out the solution at the same time assessing ur problem solving skill. Then he will play a logical game, then some general questions, test cases for a radio, something about Adobe etc.
ADOBE PATTERN - MAY 2006
I am Akash Singla, i got lot of queries about the kind of questions asked in Adobe test.
I am trying to tell you as much as i remember.
There were four section:
1. Aptitude: They had fairly simple arithmatic question, questions on geometry and questions like whether information can be deduced from the comments given. It was fairly easy and jst u need to have basic clear.
2. Analytical: Questions like pattern matching, odd one out were there.
Be careful while attempting these two sections that u wont be having much time. Before u know the time is over.
3. Computers: This paper is mostly from the topics u cover in B.Tech.
there was one question on finite automata,Bit manipultaion(flipping the bits),
drawing the tree given preorder and inorder traversal, finding the formula for N-ary tree to fine number of external nodes.
4. C/Java: Here u had to write C programs(Mind u no mutiple questions).There was one question to write program to search a string from bigger string, write a algorithm to compute X^n which is of complextity log n, implement atoi function.(U cannot use any standard function in these.)
Hope this help u in cracking Adobe
ADOBE PATTERN - 1 January 2005
I had a chance to attend the interview at Adobe.
There is a written test and followed by a gruelling rounds (6 intervies and a written test in 7 hrs - single day) of interview that were interesting but at times too stereotyped.
I think the Adobe people (i mean those who took my interview) are obsessed with the idea that a person who can solve the puzzles fast is suited best to their job.
Well, as my talks are indicating I was not selected but it was a good overall experience.
One thing I would like to state is that in Adobe the work in more or less related to graphics and pixel testing as far as testing is concerned. So beware if you are not interested in the pixel matchinmg stuff as it can be hell of a work there.
But overall USP of the company is good, so it is worth a try…