Tuesday 6 March 2012

TCS Q


    Interview Questions



Tell me about yourself?

I'm a highly ambitious, self-motivated and hardworking person with a strong appetite for success and am looking for a job that will provide fresh challenges and rewards. I have fairly good academic career so far. I have deep interest in Algorithms and data structures. Programming is my passion and I love to participate in programming contests and have represented my college in last years ACM ICPC programming contest held at IIT Kanpur. I am also a regular member of TopCoder which is leading website for programming freaks. Moreover I have been selected by my college to work on MT projects for UDL/TDIL. Therefore I have good knowledge of NLP and statistical learning techniques.
 I like working with people and enjoy group projects, but am also a self-starter who doesn't mind working on my own.


Motto: You have to dream before your dreams can come true.

What are your greatest strength and weaknesses?

Strength:

I think, my Algorithmic skills are my greatest strength along with the
skills I have acquired over the years in C, C++ and java.
Apart from it, being hardworking and punctual adds to my strength.

Weaknesses:

I think my greatest weakness has been my lack of proper planning in the past. I used to over commit myself with too many variant tasks, then not be able to fully accomplish each as I would like.
I am working hard to overcome this weakness. Adopting a more planned approach to work and prioritizing jobs according to their requirement have really helped me recently to overcome this difficulty.

How has your experience prepared you for your career?

Aside from the discipline and engineering foundation learning that I have gained from the courses undertaken, I think the design projects, reports, and presentations have prepared me most for my career.
The projects have taught me how to work in a cohesive manner as a team and have enhanced my leadership ability since some of my projects have been with juniors whom I had to guide. So I know how to get work done from others. In addition to it, the presentations and report have taught me to documenting and reporting my work to others in impressive manner.


Where do you see yourself in five years from now?  
I would like to be called one of the Best programmers of TCS by five years from now, heading a team software engineers, building applications which could set new milestone in the success of our organization.
In all, I would like to be a name, TCS could bank upon.

Why TCS?

I had always wanted to associate myself with the name TATA which provides services not only in the field of IT under the name TCS but also a brand name in various other areas such as energy, telecommunications, financial services, manufacturing, chemicals, engineering and materials like Steel.
TCS is Asia's largest IT services company. I believe TCS can provide me the platform for me to apply my innovation and my skills.

Market yourself.

Diligent, ambitious

Why Should We Hire You?
Or
Explain how you would be an asset to this organization?

Aside from the discipline and engineering foundation learning that I have gained from the courses undertaken, I think the design projects, reports, and presentations during these years have prepared me in the best possible manner to cater to the all requirements of an able software engineer and that makes me the perfectly right person to get this job.
Apart from it, the algorithmic skills and expertise I have gained through participation in various programming contests gives me a broader range of technical, leadership and problem-solving skills than typical applicants.

If we take you then what will you do in your final year?  



If we don’t take you then what will you do?
I will check where I am being lagged, change all those strategies and bounce back to tcs.

 Would you like to lie for your company?

I will work for the welfare of my company whatever be the situation.

      How do you take criticism?

Criticism is vital to my continued growth, and I welcome constructive criticism that helps a team operate better together or produce better results. It is important to me to understand where my critic is coming from so that I know how to apply the feedback.

How do you deal with authority?

Respect is very important to me. But I would not restrain myself to question authority as and when required.

What is the riskiest thing you have ever done?

On a light note, I would say watching the match of India vs. Australia test match back 2003 when my board exams were going.

 What would you say to your boss if he’s crazy about an idea, but you    think it stinks ?


 Do u read Newspaper? If yes, which pages do u read most?


 What are your hobbies?


 Tell about your favorite subject for 1 minute.


Choose a topic and give your views on it.


If your project leader and in your team if one person is very crucial for you, but for some reason he is depressed, how will u motivate him??


Your project leader (sound good!) and u have developed a software application, which works good, but one customer is not satisfied with your product and start getting angry, how will u handle him?


 Justify in what way you are team player n team leader?


What are mistakes u have done in any event u organized?


What is your daily schedule?


Who is your role model?


How many u give you between 1-10 for ur communication skills?


 What all u have to improve in you?


How do u differ uniquely from others?


What makes you Angry?


What do you worry about?


 If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be?


What kind of company are you looking for?


I am looking for a company that values quality, ethics and provides a work environment full of fun and opportunities wherein I can apply my diverse skills.












TCS Profile:


CEO : S. Ramadorai

TCS has about 148 offices in 50 counties with operations across India, North America, APAC, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Tag Line: Experience Certainty






No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your openion about my blog spot..To get automatic facebook updates like my Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/shivashankar4u ..It takes only 1 min to write the comment and to like the page.. Thanks.